What to do before contacting a designer
A lot of times people come to me when they have a business idea and I am always really excited when people share it with me. However, the crucial part of setting up a business isn't a logo or website. The most important thing is to figure out what you want and how to do it! So if you come to a designer without really knowing what you are looking for, it's going to be hard to communicate what you want.
I provide a brand discovery book and a questionnaire to find out what your business is about and how I can help you. However, a few times I have worked with previous clients they are scattered with their ideas.
Your first steps:
- What makes your business unique
- What's your niche and target market
- What do you want to achieve and what is your mission
- What parts do you enjoy doing and what do you need help with
- Do you need to learn a new skill
- How will you sell your product and services
- Have a name! Post on how to find your business name will be coming soon!
- Find your tagline: a sentence that describes what you do and how you help you target market
- Create an elevator pitch: make sure that you can explain what you do easily
- Have a few clients first. You might have to help a few people our or produce a few products before getting more clients
- Define each of your services or products
- What's your process: write down each step when getting a new client
- If you need a contract make sure everything is clear and check with a lawyer
- Set up your business! Countries do this differently so search up someone who can help locally
- Find an accountant to help you with creating a system